Sunday, March 13, 2011

Push/Pull

So the big assignment last semester in Computer Animation was called Push/Pull. We had to create a character from scratch and animate that character pushing and/or pulling something. First we focused on more naturalistic weight and movement. Once that was completed we worked on an exaggerated version for the remainder of the semester.


My animation really improved a lot since sophomore year. However, my favorite parts of the pipeline are texturing, lighting, and modeling. In that respect I'm really satisfied with how they turned out.

2 comments:

  1. I've read that a lot of artists like Vimeo. Is that why you picked it over YouTube? If it is, what is it about Vimeo that you like better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I went with Vimeo precisely because I noticed most artists use it. I haven't really looked into it, but I think the video quality is higher. Also, in my experience it seems like the streaming is a little more reliable for Vimeo, but I don't know how accurate that is.

    ReplyDelete